Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Nintendo charging for online?
Personally, I'm totally cool with it. If it means Nintendo is going to create a modern service, I'm all for paying a little bit extra every year. Just as long as it's at a similar price to PSN and XBL. If it's more, then I'll have to put some serious thought into the value of it.
For me, I think the best course of action is when they do like Playstation+ how it is on Ps3. Where it's free to play games online and such but you get free games/stuff and many other features with a subscription, that way you get the best of both, the people who want more and are okay with paying can while the people who'd rather not pay for online don't end up excluded.
(27-01-2017, 01:31 AM)Volt Wrote: For me, I think the best course of action is when they do like Playstation+ how it is on Ps3. Where it's free to play games online and such but you get free games/stuff and many other features with a subscription, that way you get the best of both, the people who want more and are okay with paying can while the people who'd rather not pay for online don't end up excluded.

Well, that is what they are doing. On the wii u and 3ds is completely free. You can enjoy their online services like you always could, free. Smile

Now, i actually LOVE that they care going to charge now. Smile because look at sony and Microsoft: the ps3 was aweful online. It was horrible just trying to find a server to connect you, then you get laggs, etc. But after sony started charging you, the servers are so much better. Smile why? Because to improve online, or just to upkeep it, requires sony to pay for it. So unless they get a profit, NO company willspend money to lose money. Because it being free guarantees that they will lose money. So they will do the bare minimum. Which is why ps3/wiiu were horrible online. And that's why Microsoft was always great. Because they always charged for it. Which is also why the ps4 is so much better online then the ps3 was. So yes, when Nintendo announced that they will start charging for it, i was EXCITED! Big Grin because now i can actually see hope for the online. Smile